What About Asset Value?
The movement towards buildings that are designed with occupants and the environment in mind is at full force, but how tangible are the benefits from an asset management perspective?
In 2012, the Institute for Building Efficiency, an initiative of Johnson Controls, found that the benefits of a green building extends beyond lower energy bills. Green buildings also have the following attributes:
– Increased resale value (2-17%)
– Increased rental rates (5.8-35%)
– Higher occupancy rates (0.9-18%)
– Lower operating expenses (30%)
– Higher net operating income (5.9%)
– Lower capitalization points (50-55 basis points)
– Productivity gains (4.8%)
LEED office buildings had a 13% lower average EUI… 11% lower average electricity usage… and 16% lower average water usage.
Haven't solved your issue? Get in touch, we're always here to help.Contact Us